Our show was held at
Tuality Hospital Education Center
(free covered parking)
334 SE 8th Ave at Baseline
in downtown Hillsboro, just steps from the Health District Max stop.
- 150 quilts
- Door Prizes
- Vendor Mall
- Boutique of guild-created items
- Featured quilt artists with daily lectures, more info below
- Quilts from the Bill Volckening Collection
- Bed turnings at 12 and 2 by Latimer Quilt and Textile Center
- Our guild quilt challenge, It's a Stretch, based on our show's theme
- Banners and quilting by Adelante Mujeres of Cornelius
- Raffle quilt designed by Jean Gordon with vintage blocks and new redwork
ABOUT OUR TWO FEATURED QUILT ARTISTS
Anelie Belden* of California was one of our featured artists. Her book, Thoroughly Modern Dresden, highlighted the theme of our show. Learn more about her at Anelie's Quiltworks.
and designer of our current raffle quilt, Dresden Delight, showed more of her embroidery skills.
Both artists spoke each day, Jean at 11am on "The Joys of Redwork" and Anelie at 1pm on Saturday "Dresden Dance" and Sunday "Gadget Girl", and both sold related items throughout the show.
For more about the show and a couple of our quilters, read the article in the Argus.
*Anelie Belden taught classes in Hillsboro the following Monday and Tuesday, October 7 and 8. If you would like more information, click here.
Tuality Healthcare Foundation
Hillsboro Arts And Culture Council