Click on individual links to find out more, and visit our Calendar for upcoming events.
- Block of the Month - We have a monthly BOM at our guild meeting. If members choose to participate, a pattern is provided. One or more blocks are made, and one entry is received for each completed block returned the following month. A drawing is held to win all the completed blocks.
will belong to the maker. This project may be joined at any time.
- Challenges - A new challenge is issued each year. Members may make a quilt following the provided criteria and enter to win prizes.
- Charity Quilting Three charities are chosen each year for our charity quilt donations. We encourage all of our members to support these charities, as well as others of their choosing, by making quilts for donation. The Guild keeps a supply of fabric and batting on hand for use in making quilts for our selected charities.
- Community Projects - We regularly coordinate activities with other community groups. Past projects have included, among others:
Teaching quilting at area schools
Helping with Any Soldier drives
Demos and education activities at fairs, farmers markets and other
Working at North Plains Garlic Festival
Partnering with other charity quilting and land conservation groups
Making quilts for a local theater production of Quilters
Setup and quilting demos for the Washington County Fair textile area
- Education Projects - We provide programs including lectures and hands on projects.
- Guest Speakers - Our guild provides speakers, both local and national, for the majority of our meetings.
- Programs - We have programs at our monthly meetings ranging from trunk shows through technique demos, to needlecraft sales.
- Quilt Exhibits - We have held exhibits at galleries both in Forest Grove and Hillsboro, as well as at both Forest Grove and Hillsboro Farmers Markets, and Hillsboro's Artwalk.
- Quilt Shows - Our biennial show, Traditions/Transitions is coming Sat and Sun, October 5th and 6th. Our featured quilters will be Analie Belden and Jean Gordon.
- Raffle Quilts - We have a raffle quilt every year with the proceeds going to support our community and education projects.
- Retreats - Retreats are held twice yearly. This year they are scheduled for February and November.
- Round Robins - Members can arrange a round robin, exchanging each other's projects to work on them. We have done medallion, row, and crazy quilt robins.
- Sewing Saturdays - This is a day for members to work on whatever they would like, sewing machine or hand work. Block-of-the-Month (High Society Pattern) is available, but participation is optional. The only cost is the pattern. Start at any time during the year.
- Show and Tell - At the start of every meeting we provide Show and Tell time, first for charity quilts, followed by recently completed or acquired members' work.
- Small Groups - We currently have groups for art quilting and longarm quilting.
- Technique Demos - We frequently offer demos at our workshops, retreats, Sewing Saturdays, and meetings.
- Workshops - Workshops by national and local level teachers are provided to members at cost. On a space-available basis, they are open to non-members at a slightly higher cost.