Click on individual links to find out more, and visit our Calendar for upcoming events.
- Community Service Projects
- Quilting classes at area schools and community centers for all ages
- Demos and education activities at fairs, farmers markets and more
- Working at the North Plains Garlic Festival
- Partnering with other charity quilting and land conservation groups
- Setup and quilting demos for the Washington County Fair textile
- Education Projects - We provide programs including lectures and hands on projects custom designed for all ages. Contact us to find out about a project for your group.
- Quilt Barn Trail of Washington County - We have begun an initiative to create the third quilt barn trail in Oregon, the fifth on the West Coast. Click on the link to follow our progress.
- Quilt Exhibits - We have held exhibits at museum, gallery, and farmers market venues in Forest Grove, Hillsboro, and North Plains.
- Quilt Shows - Our third biennial show is slated for October 2015.
- Block of the Month - We have a free monthly BOM at our guild meeting. Participating members receive a pattern. One or more blocks are made, with one entry received for each completed block returned the following month. A drawing is held to win the completed blocks.
will belong to the maker. This project may be joined at any time.
- Challenges - A new challenge on a different theme is issued each year, plus we have an annual UFO Challenge. Members may choose to make quilts and enter to win prizes.
- Charity Quilting At least three charities are chosen each year for our charity quilt donations. We encourage all of our members to support these charities, as well as others of their choosing, by making quilts for donation. The Guild keeps a supply of fabric and batting on hand for use in making quilts for charity.
- Programs - We present programs at our monthly meetings ranging from trunk shows through technique demos, to needlecraft sales. Our guild provides speakers, both local and national, for the majority of our meetings.
- Raffle Quilts - We create a raffle quilt every year with the proceeds going to support our community and education projects.
- Retreats - Retreats are held twice yearly, spring and fall.
- Round Robins - Members may arrange a round robin, exchanging each other's projects to work on them. We have made medallion, row, and crazy quilt robins.
- Sewing Saturdays - This is a day for members to work on whatever they would like, machine or hand work. Block-of-the-Month is available, but participation is optional; the only cost is the pattern. Begin at any time during the year. Also, various small classes are held from time to time during Sewing Saturday sessions. SUPER SEWING WEEKEND! is an extended two-day version on Friday and Saturday.
- Show and Tell - Each meeting we provide Show and Tell time, first for charity quilts, followed by recently completed or acquired quilts.
- Small Groups - We currently have groups for Washington County Quilt Barn Trail, art quilting (TArts), general quilting (Thursday Threaders), EQ7, and longarm quilting (Big Bobbins which is currently on hiatus).
- Technique Demos - We frequently offer demos at our workshops, retreats, Sewing Saturdays, and meetings.
- Workshops - Workshops by national and local level teachers are provided to members at cost. On a space-available basis, they are open to non-members for a slightly higher fee.